Opal rings – Opal is mostly found in Australia but also in parts of Europe , North America , South America and Africa . This gemstone has been mined since Roman times and used in gemstone jewelry as a component . Opal comes as cabochons , gemstones and faceted beads . Because of this gemstone can be fragile if not kept moist , opal is widely used for jewelry worn in the damper areas of the body such as in a pendant necklace and ring.
Facts About Opal rings
Opal rings are rings with stones like opal gemstone that varies in color . It is generally used for pendants , earrings, ring , beads and necklaces . According to Gems jewelry wholesale supply outlet Fire Mountain , ” The natural opal form a non – crystalline gemstones that can contain up to 30 percent of the water they are actually hardened silica gel. It’s possible for them to dry and crack , and they are relatively soft and fragile stone They ranking . between 5.5 and 6.5 on the Mohs hardness scale ‘ . ” It is because of the softness that opals are mostly used for jewelry that can be worn on moist areas of the body such as the face, neck and chest area . Humidity helps to protect and extend the fragile nature of the opal .
History Of Opal rings
Recordings date back to Roman times opal mining early . The name Opal is derived from the Sanskrit word ” upala , ” which means precious stone . There are some historical notes about where this gemstone comes . One account is that they are found in Australia , where the natives believe that their creators are down to earth and earth to place his feet touched the opal . In ancient India , however , the belief is that an ancient mother goddess transformed into opal virgin goddess of the rainbow because he was being courted by other gods like Vishnu .
Type Of Opal rings
Opal comes in three basic types : opalescent , fire opal and common opal . Opalescent opal is the most valuable of the gemstones and come in a rainbow spectrum of colors . The distinguishing characteristic of this type of opal is the way the light bounces off the translucent gemstones , causing it to display a variety of colors . Fire opal yellow to red in color and can be transparent . Opal used to come in all kinds of colors and is so called because of the lack luster and pearl – like color precious opal.
Features Of Opal rings
The opal gemstones used in the cut as cabochons , faceted stones or beads . Cut cabochon , which is a circular dome on a flat back , used for earrings , pendants and necklaces . According Gemstone.org , ” In order to best bring out the subtle play of color in opal , stone cut and polished to round or oval cabochons , or other forms of soft dome , depending on the raw material . ” Sometimes a thin layer of opal placed under a piece of to form a polished quartz cabochon , this is known as three or opal doublet. Precious opal and fire opal is translucent to transparent usually cut into faceted stones for earrings , Opal rings and pendants as well . Other varieties of opal is mostly cut into various shapes and sizes of beads used in jewelry Opal rings such as necklaces, earrings and bracelets .
Geography Of Users Opal rings
Australia has the largest opal deposits in the world , and because of this , is considered to have the most valuable form of gemstones in greater numbers too . ” Nearly 95 percent of all mines opal comes from Australia The remaining 5 percent is mined in Mexico , and in northern Brazil , also in the U.S. state of Idaho and Nevada. But recently stones have also been found in Ethiopia and in the West African country of Mali , “said Gemstone.org . Opal rings is also found in South Africa , the Czech Republic and Honduras
Thanks for visiting Blog weddingringsdir.xyz. You can also read article about Engagement Ring Ideas and Tips on choosing an engagement ring and Ring Design Ideas. We hope our article can add your knowledge about Opal Rings.